Full time and part time workers will be treated differently.
- From 1st October 2020, JobKeeper will run with two tiers of payments. One for people who were full-time employees pre COVID-19 and a lower tier for part-time employees.
- For an employee to be eligible for the full-time payment, they must have worked an average of 20 hours or more per week for the applicable employer in the four weeks ended before either 1st March 2020 or 1st July 2020. Any other employees will be regarded as part-time
– Payment levels have decreased.
- From 1st October, a full-time worker will receive $1200 a fortnight and a part-time worker will receive $750 a fortnight. This will be subsequently reduced to $1000 for full-time workers and $650 for part-time workers from 1st January 2021
– Turnover Decline Retested
- To be eligible for JobKeeper from 1st October 2020, an employer must have experienced a 30% or greater fall in turnover for the September 2020 Quarter as compared with the September 2019 Quarter.
- For the March 2021 quarter, they will also need to demonstrate a 30% or greater fall in turnover for the December 2020 quarter as compared with the same period in December 2019.
Please contact us if you need assistance with any JobKeeper related inquiries.